NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO PARTICIPATE.
To enter this Contest (defined below), you (on behalf of yourself and your business as the case warrants) must agree to and abide by these “Official Rules”. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions and interpretations of these Official Rules (as well as those of judges), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. To win a prize, a business must fulfill all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Lenovo (United States), Inc., 8001 Development Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560 U.S.A. (“Sponsor”).
- Administrator: Goodie Nation, PO Box 54244, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. (“Administrator”).
- Eligibility: The Lenovo Evolve Small Grant Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) representing a Small Business (as defined below) located in (a) the greater metropolitan areas of Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, Texas; Los Angeles, California; and Raleigh, North Carolina in the United States; and (b) the greater metropolitan area of Toronto, Ontario in Canada, as defined by the specific Metro Areas/Zip Codes described below (collectively, the “Eligibility Area”), and who are (i) at least 18 years of age and/or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of entry, and (ii) either own an eligible Small Business or who have the authority from a Small Business owner to submit an entry on behalf of such Small Business. Small Business must be registered in one of the following markets and within one of the zip codes listed to be considered (Links to Metro Areas/Zip Codes are as follows): Atlanta Metro Area; Chicago Metro Area; Dallas Metro Area; Los Angeles Metro Area; Raleigh Metro Area; and the Greater Toronto Area. “Small Business” is defined as a business with no more than 75 employees which is located and operating in the Eligibility Area with average annual receipts under $7.5MM in FY2023, excluding franchisees, licensees and independent owner/operators of larger business entities. Valid e-mail account and Internet access required. All other persons (i.e., members of the general public) are NOT eligible. In addition, to be eligible, the Small Business must (1) be in good standing with the jurisdiction under whose law it is incorporated/organized: (2) NOT be a party to any existing or pending litigation and (3) NOT be engaged in certain trades or areas as set forth in Exhibit A. Moreover, and without limitation, employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, any companies fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, or supplying the prize (or any portion of the prize), and/or their respective parent companies, or subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of any of the foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter a business in the Contest. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, legal guardians, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Potential Small Business winners will be required to provide proof of eligibility in order to receive prize; if an individual who submitted an entry in the Contest is not the owner of the corresponding Small Business, such proof of eligibility will include written authorization from the Small Business owner permitting such individual to enter the underlying Small Business in the Contest. Void outside the Eligibility Area and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor and its Administrators’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Further, in order to be eligible, Small Business owner (whether or not he/she/they actually submitted Contest Entry) as well as the Small Business itself must not (a) commit or have committed any act which brings Small Business or Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or which reflects unfavorably upon the reputation of Sponsor, (b) take or have taken any action against Sponsor or make/made any statements in derogation of Sponsor and/or its products or services, and such statements are made known to the general public, or (c) be or have been charged with a felony or a crime of moral turpitude (collectively, “Unbecoming Conduct”). By entering or authorizing someone to enter the Small Business into this Contest, Small Business owner understands and agrees that, if his/her/their Small Business is determined a potential Finalist, he/she/they will be required to consent to a background check on him/her/themselves personally to verify eligibility; and, failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in disqualification. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential winner if the results of such background check reveal that such potential winner (or the Small Business owner, personally) is not eligible to participate in the Contest or has engaged in Unbecoming Conduct, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Contest Entry Period: The Contest begins 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 2, 2023 and ends at 8:59 p.m. ET on November 27, 2023 (“Contest Entry Period”). Administrator's computer is the official clock for this Contest.
- How to Enter:
Entrants (as used herein, “Entrant” means, collectively, the authorized individual actually submitting the entry on behalf of a Small Business – whether or not he/she/they is the Small Business owner – together with the corresponding Small Business, as the case warrants and whether or not expressly indicated) may enter the Contest during the Contest Entry Period as follows:
During the Contest Entry Period, (a) navigate the Internet to https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/evolvesmall or https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/evolvesmall (the “Website”), (b) complete all required information on the Website entry form, including a short essay of 250 words or less that describes why your Small Business deserves to win, and (c) check the box to opt in to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, services and upcoming contests and promotions. ESSAY MUST BE SOLELY YOUR ORIGINAL WORK THAT IS BOTH CREATED AND OWNED BY YOU. You must also submit, along with the Essay (a) all required personal background information (including your full name, work e-mail address and confirming you are 18 years of age or older); (b) Small Business name; (c) Small Business website link (if any); (d) whether or not you are the owner of the Small Business and, if not, your title/position at Small Business; (e) Small Business location (city, state/province and zip code/postal code); and (f) number of employees in the Small Business as of time of entry.
All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and must be received between 8:00 a.m. ET on November 2, 2023 through 8:59 p.m. ET on November 27, 2023.
An “Entry” consists of an individual’s personal background information, Small Business information as well as their essay.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. To submit your Entry, click the "Submit" button on the entry form (after Entry is complete). Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Entry. Thank You Page merely indicates that your Entry has been electronically sent, but does not necessarily evidence receipt by Sponsor of the Entry or constitute any representation that such Entry is eligible for the Contest.
Entry must be created for the sole purpose of this Contest (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU MUST ALSO OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). For Entry to be eligible, Entry must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/per Small Business during the Contest Entry Period, regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person or Small Business may have. Without limitation, only one (1) person may submit an Entry on behalf of a given Small Business.
Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated, robotic, macro, programmed or similar quick entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, inaccessible/blocked, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Entries must be submitted via the Website in their entirety prior to expiration of the Contest Entry Period. By entering this Contest, Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor (as well as of judges), which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest. Once submitted, Entries cannot be modified or supplemented by the individual submitting same or anyone else acting on behalf of the corresponding Small Business.
- Restrictions, Representations and Warranties:
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the License). By entering the Contest, Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands, agrees to and will follow the Official Rules. Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) further represents and warrants that his or her Entry and all materials and matter therein: (a) (except for elements that are within the public domain) are wholly original to such Entrant and are not a copy or imitation of any other material or Entrant has all necessary rights to grant the Sponsor the rights granted hereunder and exercise such without obligation or liability to any third party; (b) will not infringe or otherwise violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof by Sponsor or its agents will result in no third party liability or obligations; and (c) is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof. Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) further represents and warrants that he or she (i) has the right, power and authority to participate in the Contest and agree to these Official Rules, to fully perform all obligations and to grant all rights and licenses granted herein (including the License), and (ii) has obtained all rights, permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Entry and the use of the Entry as contemplated herein and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. For clarity, the preceding also includes authorization from the Small Business owner to submit the Entry where the Entrant submitting same is not the Small Business owner. Entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) further acknowledges and agrees that he/she has not previously granted, assigned or otherwise encumbered his/her Entry, or any images, text and/or materials depicted therein, to any other third party. Further, Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) represents and warrants that Sponsor’s use of any Entry, including any text and materials depicted therein, shall not violate any obligation or agreement to which such Entrant, the Small Business owner (if not the Entrant him/her/themselves) or any other authorized representative of the Small Business is bound. Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against any and all costs, losses, damages, obligations, expenses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) incurred or suffered by such Released Parties in connection with any third party claims, demands or causes of action, to the extent arising out of or relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by Entrant in connection with his or her participation in the Contest, acceptance of these Official Rules or any Contest activities.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) gives permission to Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns and designees, and hereby grants Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns and designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive right and license (herein, “License”) to use and otherwise exploit Entrant's Entry, including all text and materials included therein, in whole or in part, in any manner and on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use Entrant’s Entry, and to create derivative works based thereon, without compensation to Entrant or any Small Business, in accordance with the requirements of this Contest, as well as in the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, Sponsor’s products and services, and otherwise (as solely determined by Sponsor). Further, potential winners agree to confirm such License in writing (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) upon Sponsor’s request, and thus, potential winners agree to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including, without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the Entries submitted to the Contest, and all text and materials included therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) hereby forever waive and relinquish all “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with Entries submitted as part of the Contest. Potential winner’s failure to provide all required documentation to Sponsor within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of such potential winner’s Entry and will result in an alternate potential Finalist/winner being determined, which shall be the next highest scoring Entry in the Finalist Round based on the judging criteria (as discussed below). Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Entries and Sponsor is not obligated to use any Entry. Entrants agree that all Entries will not be returned. For avoidance of doubt, neither Sponsor, nor its agents, shall be responsible for return or preservation of the Entries submitted.
Limited License from Sponsor to Use Sponsor Content: As Entrants may include certain of Sponsor’s trademarks, namely, the Lenovo® name and other product names of Sponsor (collectively, “Sponsor Content”) in their Entry, Sponsor grants to each eligible Entrant a personal, non-exclusive, revocable, non-commercial (which, for the avoidance of doubt, includes participation in the Contest) limited license solely to incorporate the Sponsor Content in their Entry to the Contest but not in any other manner. No other rights or licenses in or to the Sponsor Content are granted to Entrants or any third party. Any other use of Sponsor Content is prohibited and may be grounds for disqualification and/or legal action for infringement. All use of Sponsor Content by Entrant in connection with the Contest will inure solely to the benefit of Sponsor. Entrants acknowledge that as between Sponsor and Entrant, Sponsor is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to all copyrights, trademarks, trade-dress and other rights associated with Sponsor Content, including all goodwill associated therewith. Entrants agree that they will not acquire and will not claim any right, title or interest in or to any Sponsor Content and will make no use of the Sponsor Content following the conclusion of the Contest other than the limited license expressly set forth in this paragraph.
If you opt to access the Website via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your wireless device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
Each Entrant acknowledges that Entries are not being submitted in confidence or in trust to Sponsor and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Entries that may have familiarities or similarities or may be identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to his/her own Entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with Promotion Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. Notwithstanding any custom and practice in the industry to pay an individual for an idea (if any), nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate Entrants for their Entries and there is no obligation for any Promotion Entity to pay or otherwise compensate Entrants for any of their ideas or materials in any communications with Sponsor, whatsoever. Entrants waive any and all claims that Entrants may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor may be similar to his/her Entry, or that any compensation is due to Entrant in connection with such Entry or other works used by Sponsor. Entries are not confidential and Promotion Entities’ only obligations to entrants regarding Entries are as specifically set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request from Entrant at any time proof that Entrant maintains all necessary rights in their Entry in order to grant Sponsor the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the Entrant being disqualified from the Contest.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Small Business if the individual associated with that Small Business (whether or not the Small Business owner, someone authorized by the Small Business owner to enter the Small Business in the Contest or any other party) tampers with the entry process, and/or to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Contest and award the prizes described herein in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Contest will be posted on the Website. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Contest and to disqualify any Entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or interfere with others’ participation or to prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY THE SMALL BUSINESS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS AN ENTRANT IN THE CONTEST, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules; each Entry must comply with the following content guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Any Entry that Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, determines is in violation of any Content Guideline may be disqualified from the Contest. Each Entry:
- Must be truthful and not exaggerated;
- Must not include any information that is confidential, proprietary or trade secret of the Small Business or any other individual or entity;
- Must relate to the Contest theme of why the Small Business should win the Grand Prize;
- Must not contain any personal information of Entrant or anyone else (e.g., phone number, residential address, e-mail address);
- Must not contain unauthorized content that violates or infringes any third-party rights of any kind, including, without limitation, any third-party privacy, publicity, trade secret and/or intellectual property rights, including third party registered and/or common law copyrights and trademarks;
- Must not disparage any individual or entity, including Sponsor (or any other person who endorses their products/services), Administrator, any other person or entity affiliated with the Contest or products, services or entities that are competitive with any of the foregoing;
- Must not contain brand names, trademarks or logos of any third party other than the relevant Small Business and the Sponsor Content, subject to the limited license granted by Sponsor above and solely in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules (including these Content Guidelines);
- Must not contain content or other creative elements not created by and original to Entrant;
- Must not contain content or other material that is misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain content or other material that includes explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities tobacco, alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances, dangerous stunts, real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles or relates to lotteries or gambling.
- Must not contain content or other material that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful;
- Must not contain content, images or other material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal or state/provincial laws or regulations;
- Must not have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind, or published, posted, exhibited or displayed publicly for commercial use by any means and in any form or media.
- JUDGING (Finalist Determination/Notification): All Entries received will be judged by Goodie Nation to determine 36 Small Business finalists (the “Finalists”), 6 Finalists in each of the 6 metropolitan areas of the Eligibility Area based on the following two (2) rubrics: Evidence Level Assessment (50%) and Potential Level Assessment (50%); Evidence Level Assessment: what has happened so far with the Small Business across all business categories; Potential Level Assessment: the Small Business’ likelihood of future success with their product(s) in their given market. Goodie Nation will also assess each Small Business’ progress as well as forecast their confidence to grow the Small Business in the future. This will be done by assessing the Small Businesses’ “evidence” and “potential” on a scale of one (1) to four (4) as defined by Goodie Nation and Village Capital’s 2019 Forecasting Investability rubric. Goodie Nation will also leverage Village Capital’s abaca Venture Investment Levels rubric, which will assess Small Businesses’ team, problem and vision, value proposition, product, market, business model, scale and investor exist based on a scale of one (1) to ten (10). Finalists will then be interviewed by a separate panel of Sponsor-specified judges using the following judging criteria to determine the Grand and First Prize potential winners: (a) Business Progress & Potential – The product and sales maturity combined with potential for growth (25%); (b) Prizing – How effectively the Entrant describes how they will use grant money and/or Lenovo technology to support their Small Business (25%); (c) Community – How effectively the Entry project appears to be at positively impacting their communities (25%); and (d) Creativity – How creative and unique was the Entrant’s essay response (25%). Interviews will take place over a Zoom video chat or such other online meeting platform designated by the Sponsor (the “Interview”) and the Interviews will be property of the Sponsor. Finalists will be notified in advance via email/phone to schedule the Interview. Sponsor will determine date/time and duration of Interview. Failure of a Finalist to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or failure to participate in the Interview (including on camera video) during the scheduled time will result in the Finalist being disqualified from further review. In the event of a tie during first judging phase, the tie will be broken based on the Entry that received the highest score for Growth Confidence Assessment Level. In the event of a tie during second judging phase, the tie will be broken based on the Entry that received the highest score for Prizing – How effectively the Entrant describes how they will use grant money and/or Lenovo technology to support their Small Business. Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. No information regarding judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed.
Each potential Finalist and the respective individual Small Business owner or other individual who submitted the Entry on behalf of the Small Business will be contacted by email. Each potential Winner (as defined below) will be required to sign and return, within seventy-two (72) hours of notification (or such shorter time period as indicated thereon), a Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law, and the necessary paperwork for a background check (for the Entrant personally) (collectively, “Contest Documents”). If the Contest Documents, or any other portions of the Contest Documents are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period, the potential Winner (and the relevant Small Business) may be disqualified. If a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential Winner will be determined (time permitting), i.e., a potential Finalist with the next highest score from the Sponsor Judges judging round.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant (i.e., the individual who is the Small Business owner or who is submitting the Entry on behalf of a Small Business), the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values in USD (“ARV”):
There will be a total of eighteen (18) winners (each a “Winner”) during the Contest, who will each win a Grand Prize or First Prize (as such terms are defined below) (collectively, “Prizes”):
Grand Prize: Platinum (6) – one per metropolitan area of the Eligibility Area: USD$15,000, awarded in the form of a check in the name of the Small Business named in winning Entry, Sponsor-specified Lenovo tech solutions package (ARV: USD$10,000 each), an ad spotlight package consisting of Sponsor-specified advertising (ARV: USD$4,000 each), Goodie Nation professional development aid (ARV: USD$500 each), and Chantel Cohen mentorship (ARV: USD$500 each). Total Grand Prize ARV USD$30,000.
Prize elements are in Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to change and Winners may need to sign additional documents related to additional components. Chantel Cohen Mentorship and Goodie Nation professional development aid will take place prior to December 31, 2024 and Winners will handle scheduling of sessions at their discretion. Sponsor’s liability is limited to award the remaining elements of the Grand Prize package. Additional restrictions apply, which may include attendees wearing appropriate attire during session(s), agreeing not to record the session(s) themselves and/or agreeing to be recorded during session(s). Small Business owner agrees to follow any and all instructions issued by Sponsor in conjunction with attendance at mentorship sessions. Small Business owner must act in an appropriate, polite, respectful and courteous manner when attending mentorship session; e.g., and without limitation, insulting or acting in an antagonistic, belligerent or otherwise offensive manner toward Chantel Cohen and Goodie Nation are strictly prohibited. Violation of the preceding will result in ejection from mentorship session and, if deemed sufficiently egregious, may result in Grand Prize package forfeiture. Small Business owner is solely responsible for any and all unspecified costs and expenses in conjunction with attending mentorship session (including, travel to/from the mentorship session).
First Prize: Gold (12) – two per metropolitan area of the Eligibility Area: USD$15,000, awarded in the form of a check in the name of the Small Business named on winning Entry, Sponsor-specified Lenovo laptop (ARV USD$1,500) and Goodie Nation professional development aid (ARV USD$500 each). Total First Prize ARV USD$17,000. No Prizes will be awarded to individual Entrants or non-winning Finalists.
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Small Business Winners that receive a Prize. By accepting a Prize, Small Business/Entrant agrees: (i) that Small Business Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local income tax liability on the Prize received and all other obligations and expenses that are associated with receipt and use of the Prize regardless of the value; and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and affiliates from and against any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the value of the Prize.
The Winners will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid tax identification number of winning Small Business before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 or IRS Form W8-BEN (as the case may be) may be issued in the name of winning Small Business for the actual value of the Prize received.
The total ARV of all available Prizes in the Contest is USD$384,000.
GRANT AND LENOVO TECHNOLOGY PRIZE ELEMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE USED BY SMALL BUSINESS OWNER FOR HIS/HER/THEIR PERSONAL PURPOSES; AND, ANY SUCH USE OF GRANT MONIES AND/OR LENOVO TECHNOLOGY PRIZE ELEMENTS FOR SUCH PERSONAL PURPOSES WILL RESULT IN PRIZE FORFEITURE, THE REQUIRED RE-PAYMENT OF GRANT MONIES AND/OR RETURN OF LENOVO TECHNOLOGY (OR REFUND OF ITS VALUE TO SPONSOR) AS WELL AS POSSIBLE LEGAL SANCTIONS.
For Lenovo Technology Prize Element:
Actual Prize value will be calculated based on the sales prices of Lenovo technology (pre-tax, exclusive of shipping and handling) at time of Prize award. Prize value is an approximation. Actual value of Lenovo Technology may be less or more than applicable Prize value, in which case Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Lenovo Technology element of Grand Prizes will only be shipped to a Small Business address. Lenovo Technology element of Grand Prizes is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to ship various resources/equipment comprising Lenovo Technology Prize element separately.
LIMIT: ONE (1) PRIZE PER ENTRANT/SMALL BUSINESS. Any costs and incidentals not specified herein are the Winner’s sole responsibility. If Winner declines or cannot accept any Prize element(s), no substitute Prize or compensation will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of Prize (other than cash portions of Prize) by Winner except with Sponsor’s permission. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value should a Prize or any component of a Prize become unavailable. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner; if a Canadian business is a Prize Winner, the preceding includes foreign withholding tax. Unclaimed Prize(s) will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Prizes or any Prize/Prize element that is undeliverable or does not reach the Winner because of an incorrect or changed address. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
By participating in this Contest, each Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator (as well as all judges), which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as, Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly, Facebook, Inc.) TikTok Inc., Google LLC and Twitter (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all actions, claims, costs (including attorneys’ fees), injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, out of or related to: (1) Entrants’ participation in the Contest; (2) the Released Party’s violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; (3) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, websites, network hardware or software beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Contest; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (6) claims resulting from the impairment, cancellation or modification of the Contest; or (7) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to Entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons or activity and any products liability claims alleging tangible property damage, bodily injury or death). Each Entrant (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize [with the sole exception of any express warranty offered by Lenovo (United States) Inc. on its products which is limited to its terms].
By accepting a Prize, each Winner (on behalf of him/her/themselves and the corresponding Small Business) grants Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns and designees irrevocable permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence as well as publicly available information regarding the business on a winners’ list and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Contest subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic (including COVID-19), earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each, a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest.
- Disputes: Arbitration/Choice of Law:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants (on behalf of him/herself and the corresponding Small Business) agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, or the determination of the Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest (if any) but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant or the applicable Small Business be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant (on behalf of him/herself and the corresponding Small Business) hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Sponsor will defray all costs of individual’s participation in arbitration proceeding as may be required by arbitrator. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant, Small Business and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York, United States of America. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, if you win a Prize, disclosing your name and location to individuals who request a list of Prize winners. During the Entry process, you must opt in to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, services and upcoming contests and promotions. You may opt out of receiving these e-mails at any time.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of Winners (name of Small Business, city/state/province of business), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Lenovo Evolve Small Grant Contest Winners", Goodie Nation, PO Box 54244, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. All such requests must be received by December 22, 2024. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
PROHIBITED TRADE/LINE OF WORK
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Political fundraiser or activism.
- Manufacturer, distributor or retailer of health and wellness products, including dietary and nutritional supplements or energy drinks.
- Alcohol beverage licensee of any kind, including wholesalers, retailers, distributors and importers of distilled spirits, wine and/or malt beverages.
- Financial related services of any kind (including credit counseling, lending or payment processing).
- Time-share or other investment opportunities of any kind.
- Gambling enterprise.
- Adult entertainment.
- Manufacturer, distributor or retailer of controlled substances, tobacco, e-cigarettes or cannabis.
- Manufacturer, distributor or retailer of firearms and other forms of weapons.
- Businesses engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination.
- Manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics/hair products
- Retailers of “new age” medical-like treatments, such as IV drips and cryotherapy